tensile steel wire, shower curtain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to find a tensile steel wire to use as a show curtain rail. Does anyone know where I can get one? You often see them as part of the banisters on designer staircases, also used to hold a row of spot lights? I think they have small chrome fitting on each end to tighten. I need something that looks good so nothing too industrial, not the sort of thing used on bridges!

cheers

Ben

Sponsored Links
Am I misreading this, but a steel wire for a shower curtain? Can you think Rust :D

If you want the wire for hanging spotlights on, check out your local electrical store, the wire actually runs a current I believe. (current, currant?, nope, current! Right first time! :LOL: )

Do you mean Bowdon cable as used for bike brake cables etc?

If so you will get it in stainless steel from a ship's chandlers or marine suppliers.

You could also try lifting gear suppliers, slings /chains etc. They will make up set lengths with the ends crimped on.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back