Towerstat RF LED help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've just fitted a Towerstat RF to replace my Towerstat RSP. I've got a no volt set up and just connected the 2 wires as they were on the old stat.

The heating hasn't turned on as expected - should either of the LED lights on the receiver light up when its in the no volt set up?

Regards
Dean

Sponsored Links
The red should be on all the time, the green when there is a demand for heat.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Whats the best way to check whats not working - what powers the LED? should I get a low voltage across the 2 wires?

Cheers
Dean

The receiver unit is powered by the permanent live and neutral, which hopefully you will have sourced from the boiler.

In its no-voltage mode it is simply a relay, so you will get continuity across the COM and NO terminals when there is a demand for heat.

Sponsored Links
I've only got 2 wires, the com and NO (which is what I had for the Towerstat RSP before but that was battery powered) - I dont have any other wires from the boiler.

Have I made a mistake? I hoped it would work with just the 2 wires.

Cheers
Dean

I've only got 2 wires, the com and NO (which is what I had for the Towerstat RSP before but that was battery powered) - I dont have any other wires from the boiler.

Have I made a mistake? I hoped it would work with just the 2 wires.

Cheers
Dean

If you have the RF Towerstat then it needs a mains voltage to the receiver.

The missing 230V may explain (a) the non-existent LEDs and (b) why your heating doesn't come on :LOL:

Take another look at the instructions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back