Question re; removing window surround (photo)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm recording the progress of my bathroom renovation here //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=790178#790178 but have a specific question regarding my windows. I have three small (two can be seen in the photo below) and one large window that had nasty plastic surrounds which i have removed. My questionis, can i remove what remains, within the inside top, bottom and sides of the window recess without damaging the integrity of the windows themselves?

I want to tile into the window and am not sure whether i can tile straight onto the plastic or not. Actually, maybe that is the better first question!! :rolleyes: :LOL:

Before:
DSCF1230.jpg

Now:
DSCF1236.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help, advice or ideas!
Andrew

Sponsored Links
Its hard to tell, they may have screwed the arcitraves onto the window cus there pretty big, or they are just siliconed on.

Get a sharp stanley blade between the window and the trims and pull hard, I reckon they'll just come off. providing the window has been anchored in properly, it won't move.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back