Filling a gap in the corner of a shower cubicle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am tiling inside a corner shower cubicle. I am using 33.5cm x 25cm tiles laid horizontally 2 tiles wide on each of the 2 walls. The total coverage i.e. tile + grout + tile leaves me approx 10mm short on each wall. Is there anything on the market like say upvc quadrant to fit in the corner to fill this gap and make a tidy job of it?
Any suggestions welcome.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Good, you don't want to be filling gaps like that. Forget plastic trims around baths and showers.
How about fitting the tiles in a brickwork pattern? You'll need a few more tiles, but it'll look much better.

Sponsored Links
Hi. I see what you mean and it would work if the tiles were laid vertically but horizontally I would have the sam problem everyy other row.
However, due to the thickness of the tiles I was aiming to avoid cutting altogether.

Maybe upvc strips against the cubicle edges and a clean joint with mastic in the corner would work?
Any other ideas?

cut the first tiles that you use, then when you get to the other end you wont have a small gap, cut about a quater off then you will have a bigger gap and wont need to worry.

Hi. I see what you mean and it would work if the tiles were laid vertically but horizontally I would have the sam problem everyy other row.
No you wouldn't. As Jef says, you just offset the first tile a little. See if you can follow the idea from this sketch.
P1000616.jpg

However, due to the thickness of the tiles I was aiming to avoid cutting altogether.
Wouldn't that be just dandy? :LOL:

Maybe upvc strips against the cubicle edges and a clean joint with mastic in the corner would work?
Trust me, forget plastic strips in bath/shower areas.

i just spotted the " avoid cutting " remark, if only i could avoid cutting any tiles save a fortune! :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back