Bathroom floor wet; water coming _out_ of bath overflow.

O

oceanclub

Came home this evening to find the bathroom floor flooded. Noticed a weird thing - water was coming _out_ of the bath overflow, into the bath and down the plughole. I presume this is causing the leak, but have no idea how. Anyone got any ideas? I've turned off the water but don't want to rip the bath's side off yet.

P.

Sponsored Links
When you rip the bath panel off you may find that an adjacent cistern overflow has been piped into the bath overflow - check any WCs or storage cisterns nearby

Once I'd mopped up all the water, I noticed that the toilet cistern was dripping. When I checked, I found that the outflow pipe from it was leaking; it's not securely sealed to the cistern. And the reason why there's so much water outflowing is because the ballcock is broken! So 2 things at once resulted in the leak.

Even with the water shut off, there's still a dribble of water coming into the tank (leaky seal somewhere else?) so I had to whittle a wine cork down to plug the inlet (and no reason to waste the wine afterwards). Plumber on the way, hopefully.

Thanks for the response,

P.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back