Removing radiator with thermostat control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've gone through the previous postings but I think I need it broken down into simple steps if anyone is willing to help.

I want to remove the radiator in my bathroom in order to take down a stud partition wall. Old radiators I would be fine with but in my new house they have thermostatic tempreture values on them. What do I have to do to make sure NO water leaks out - I still want to have the heating on in the rest of the house.

Many thanks
x

Sponsored Links
If you are not reinstating the rad, just drain down, cut the pipes below the floorboards and cap off with compression stops. :D

Close the valves down fully at both ends as you would with a non TRV. If you have what they call decorator's caps remove the TRV head and screw one of these caps right down in its place. Remove the rad as usual (not forgetting it will be full of water!) and then fit a blank on the open TRV/lockshield connections for back up. Once you've done this you can use the heating as normal.
If you don't need the rad drain down and cut and cap the pipes under floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back