Hobs or Knobs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just when I had decided on a new Neff gas hob with wok burner, I read an article on the merits of induction hobs. I could have a 60cm Neff induction hob, alongside their Domino gas wok burner, or I could go for an all in one version by Atag or Miele, although Atag's seem to be a bit elusive on Tinternet. Any suggestions? :rolleyes: Ta.

Sponsored Links
In the end we went for ceramic halogen over induction. I wan't too keen on getting steel/iron pans, especially the immensely heavy iron things that kitchen designers swoon over. I could see much damage coming. A relative says that her induction hob burns the food on the bottom of the pans very easily, but I don't know whether this is a characteristic of induction or indicative of her cooking practice.

Thanks - I have re-considered the whole hob thing and decided to stick to my original decision and go for the Neff 5 burner gas hob, on the basis that I've been used to cooking with gas for the past eleven years, and it works for me! As the old saying goes - "if it ain't broke....." - plus, as you have pointed out, I won't need to replace any pans, unless I want to of course, with all that money I've saved by not going for induction! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back