removing stones from pebbledash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi I am having extension built at the moment but the problem I have is the old external walls are now the internal walls . The walls are constructed in lightweight blocks and I find when I try to remove the pebbledash it pulls big lumps out of the block and as these are on 4 inch I am concerned so I would like to know if there is something on the market that can be used to remove the stones if so any links would be helpful
thanks col

Sponsored Links
hi I am having extension built at the moment but the problem I have is the old external walls are now the internal walls . The walls are constructed in lightweight blocks and I find when I try to remove the pebbledash it pulls big lumps out of the block and as these are on 4 inch I am concerned so I would like to know if there is something on the market that can be used to remove the stones if so any links would be helpful
thanks col

You might be as well to render over it, you won't damage any walls that way, and you can seal up the wall with a waterproof render additive - then skim on that. As long as the pebbles won't brush off, you will have a good key.

You could also dot and dab it , but I'd prefer the render.

If you hack off you will still finish the wall some way - why not eliminate all the work, mess and damage and just go over the dashing?

I agree with Micilin and would go for cement render and skim. Leave the old 'dash on, and work with it. It wouldn't take much to do irrepairable damage to your lightweight blockwork by trying to remove the old pebbledash. Not only are you pulling out chunks from the blocks, but you will also cause damage by cracking and shattering them as you try to remove the old coating.As long as it's sound, it's as good a key as you will get for rendering/skim finish

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back