Baxi solo runs fine then...stops!! help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,hope you guys can help,my Baxi's playing up again and all the plumbers dont seem to have a clue!! The last one even started to read the fault chart inside the cover and proceeded to say...ill pass on this one!! the trouble is it works fine then just stops after hours and when the temperature is reached etc.... so turn the power off leave it for a few hours and it comes straight back on,i put a pcb in it 2 years ago,after help from here,but this time it isnt buzzing and theres no burning on the pcb,currently skint after crimbo,so nead to spend wisely,should i just go for pcb again?? as it looks like 99% of the time this is the solo pf's weak point.

any help greatly received,or even come have a look :rolleyes: (Stoke On Trent)

Richie

Sponsored Links
Bg have fun with these replace every part and they still hsve gremlins.
Id skip it for a new condensing Glowworm personally.

It constantly amazes me that any one buys baxi potterton after all the
issues they have had over the years. keeps us in work i suppose lol.

are you thinking of the barcelona benchmark?

as the solo pf must be one of the best boilers ever for reliabilty, and they were on the market back in the days when the Baxi brand was highly respected.

strange you still think after 15 odd years BG are still experiances "gremlins" with them.

As for your problem big ears I really dont have a clue, may be the potentiometer has fail rather than the pcb but they come together and you have to get a new PCB to get a new potentiometer. or it could be the temp control thermister,

In short I dont have a clue sorry

:)

Agree with you except the fitting of Glow Worms :eek:

All my glow worms that I sell have a 3 year parts & labour warranty as standard, but I still wouldn't specify one for one of my installs :mad:

Sponsored Links
Well guys,ive opend up the boiler removed the pcb and lightly taped the black boxes on the pcb and the bloody thing cums to life so ive orderd a pcb!!! the plumbers who've been round didnt have a clue,look't like they wanted me to buy a new boiler :( why dont people try anymore????

think the solo's a damb good boiler,just there pcb's seem to be poor,the last ones 2 years old if i remember right,probably made in china!!

anyway

probably speak to you again in 2 years time,thanks for youre help.

Richie

i had the same problem, check the 3 port valve is workin, when i changed it everythin was fine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back