Push Button Toilet still runs after flushing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a push button toilet fitted, i have just noticed that after flushing that the toilet sounds as though it is still filling up and we have a small but steady trickle off water running the inside off the bowl, this is causing a fair bit off condesation on the pipework, any help would be great many thanks lee

Sponsored Links
One of the benefits of these new-fangled bits of kit. They have a valve inside, when it goes wrong, it leaks, costs you money on your water meter.

The old fuddy-duddy siphon type just failed to work when it went wrong.

I have just had a push button toilet fitted, i have just noticed that after flushing that the toilet sounds as though it is still filling up and we have a small but steady trickle off water running the inside off the bowl, this is causing a fair bit off condesation on the pipework, any help would be great many thanks lee

Either the float valve is incorrectly set and it is overflowing, or the push button is not set up correctly and is not allowing the dump valve to sit properly in the opening

Sponsored Links
thanks billy bob, it has been fine, we have had some low water pressure lately could this be the cause?? When the water presure returns to normal could this problem resolve itself?? If i need to do the repair should i leave it to a plumber or could it be tackled by a novice like me??? once again thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back