Grundfos Home Booster Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
recently installed a home booster pump (a Grundfos UA90) to be able to use a Carron Phoenix pull out spray tap. The pump worked well with a normal mixer tap. The new tap starts up as just a dribble and the flow measures at about 1.5 litres a minute. To get the pump to engage, I have to lower the head of the tap into the sink - which then seems to start the pump. I think I need to increase the flow marginally. Any ideas?
(the mono tap connector is about 40cm - would reducing this somewhat help?). :(

Sponsored Links
I take it this pump is on the hot water?

What is the layout of your home, is the cylinder on tyhe same floor as the sink and tap, and if so what is the hight differance between them??

Sounds like the flow rate is being reduced too much by the small nozzels on the spray head, to actuate the flow switch.

Can you remove just the spray head to test.

did you put a double check valve or none return valve in with the new tap.

how did you turn your hot water off to change tap the gate valve may not of opened fully is the rest of the house ok

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, here are some answers to the queries raised together with additional background –
· My pump is on the Hot line,
· Tap & Cylinder are on the same floor, the height difference from the Top of the Tap to the Cold water Cylinder (attached to top of my cylinder) is about 900 mm MAX. – this is a fixed quantity
· When I removed the Nozzle from the top of the tap – It works (the resistance within the Nozzle/handle is enough to increase the flow above critical point) – I’ve measured the flow rate and yes I am on the edge of the working/Not-working figure.
· Tap came with “Multiple Non return valves”, (cold water, Hot water feeds, Spray head etc.). When I remove one from the HOT line leading up to the tap tail leads and the One within the Spray head itself, things did improve (left the cold in place – no problem here – lots of cold water coming out).
· I have two Isolating valves in the hot line between tap and the Pump. I’ve checked that these are Open, even thought of taking one of them out – Isolating valve, run of ½ inch copper followed by isolating valve not really necessary (historical)
· This Cylinder/Pump only services my Kitchen, rest of house does it’s own thing with a tank in the roof – no problems.
· Tap came with Long Tails ~ 400 mm, thought of replacing with shorter – any ideas :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back