Do i need a vented soil stack?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys i live in a ground floor bungalow, which has had an extension built, i am in the process of fitting a bathroom suite but i need to know if the toilet needs a vented stack, the bathroom suite up the other end of the house which goes into the same drain, has a vented soil stack fitted outside, so does my new one need one too?
cheers
karl

Sponsored Links
You can discharge a ground floor w/c directly into an unvented drain but the depth from the floor to the drain invert must be less than 1.3m. Better you have a read of Part H as other things you are doing may make you decide to use a vented stack;
http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/england/professionals/en/1115314110382.html
You can always use an air admittance valve if you don’t want to fit a fully vented stack.

You can discharge a ground floor w/c directly into an unvented drain but the depth from the floor to the drain invert must be less than 1.3m. Better you have a read of Part H as other things you are doing may make you decide to use a vented stack;
http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/england/professionals/en/1115314110382.html
You can always use an air admittance valve if you don’t want to fit a fully vented stack.

If he is less than the 1.3 metres, a HepVo trap on the wash basin and any other appliance would be a very good idea, as they are also air admittance valves too. Neat and easy, and solves at lot.

the depth of the drain pipe is about 1m i can add a vented stack outside because i can expose the pipe and cut into it and install vented stack would you advise me to do this??

Sponsored Links
the depth of the drain pipe is about 1m i can add a vented stack outside because i can expose the pipe and cut into it and install vented stack would you advise me to do this??
Why, 1m is less than 1.3m isn't it :rolleyes: ! I've already said the regs. state you don’t need a vent stack as long as the drain invert (the straight bit) is less than 1.3m from the floor; follow the link to Part H if you want to confirm.

I don’t have a stack on my G/F cloaks & there are no problems with drawing the hand basin waste trap so I don't have a vent on that either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back