Single Oven + ceramic hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My dad has just bought a neff oven rated 2.4kW + ceramic hob rated about 6Kw.
He has an existing 30A cooker point.
Should he run a fused 13a spur for the oven or simply feed oven + hob from existing point. He has received differing advice from the vendor.
Any comments gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
Usually a good place to start is to read the instructions that came with the units.

Strange thing I find very people bother to read instructions, yet companies spend many hours and a lot of money producing them.

Blimey,
this is a friendly forum.
Why bother to respond if the question is so beneath you?
For the record, the manual is a less than enlightening read but now I realise that I should be very thankful for all excellent work that Neff and Baumatic put into it, I shall return to it.
It certainly is more helpful than this forum.

Mmmm sounds like attitude.

The reason I posted that reply was. I am currently installing built in appliances & I thought I new how to to wire them. I read the instructions, looked on this forum & discovered I didnt know how to connect them. I DO NOW.

No offence was ment.

Sponsored Links
RobT said:
Hi,
My dad has just bought a neff oven rated 2.4kW + ceramic hob rated about 6Kw.
He has an existing 30A cooker point.
Should he run a fused 13a spur for the oven or simply feed oven + hob from existing point.
Neither.

He should use the cooker circuit for the hob, and either plug the oven into the ring main or put in a new, separate circuit for that.

Hi,

Am too installing a ceramic hob and oven. I'll connect hob to cooker connection unit but I'm still not clear about oven, which comes with a plug already attached.

Can I run a spur from the connection unit to place a switchless single socket in the wall? Or, even easier, can I just remove the plug from the oven and twist the corrsponding wires together from the hob and oven so that both are connected via the cooker connection unit?

There's nothing wrong in principle with wiring them both through the same isolator, the oven through a 13A fuse.

That's effectively the same as a free-standing oven with both parts incorporated into one unit.

ban-all-sheds is spot on. You can also put a spur off the main ring for the oven, and stick an FCU on it. Makes it nice and easier if you need to service it. :)

Remember this is a Part P job...so you'll need to get it approved, or have somebody approved doing it...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back