wiring for led lights in path panels (roper rhodes porto)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI all,

have seen a groovy bath panel (roper rhodes porto) that has ip65 45mm led lights in it (5 in the panel)

Like the idea of it but am a bit worried about wiring it in.
the bathroom is newly decorated so i don't really want to be chasing out walls etc and i want to be able to run these lights independent of the ceiling lights!

as its a new house (all plasterboard walls etc) The bath runs the length of the room. Where the end of the bath buts up to the wall on the other side of the wall is our bedroom cupboard so i thought of two possible ideas of installing the wiring.

1) taking a feed from the bathroom lighting feed in the loft put that to a pull switch in the bathroom ceiling then running down the wall in the cupboard and then through the wall to the bath panel.

2) on the same wall I have a shaving socket. now knowing that you can get shaving sockets with lights and also that led lights draw very little current could i just take a feed from that socket?

are either of these options viable?

in an ideal world i would like option 2 with a switch on it- is there such a thing?

many thanks in advance

Andy

Sponsored Links
electrical work in a bathroom is notifiable to the LABC before comencing work, under Part P of the building regulations..

ok, standard warning over with, option 1 is the best idea..

you say "plasterboard walls", do you mean dot 'n' dab onto brick, or do you mean hollow stud partitions?

if it's the later then just run the cable down the wall void..

you bav even be able to do that if it's dot 'n' dab.. there may be a way down if the plasterer was consistant with his dot pattern..

sorry

the walls are hollow plasterboard (new build house)

dont really like pull cords but if i have to....

could i use a "remote contol" swich in a bathroom?

thanks

Sponsored Links
sorry also forgot to ask.

cant see anywhere if these lights could be dimmable

any ideas if led lights can be operated via some sort of dimmer

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back