Mondeo Tdci 52 plate Camshaft position monitor

hi there all. i changed my camshaft sensor a week after my last post on here, and thankyou to all that helped and gave advice, because i've had no problems since, the car is driving perfectly again and i have the confidence again to overtake and put my foot down without worrying the engine is gona die on me! :)

but not all is well now. i have another problem with the car, im losing power whilst driving, normally in 5th gear puttin my foot down but sometimes in 4th too. the engine does not die completely, i just lose all power and untill i switch off and start again, the car is in limp on mode. i have DTC P0251, ive been told its to do with injection pump fuel metering malfuction, and ford have told me its gona be expensive. i have slight piece of mind tho, as another forum on the net, some guy has told me to change the metering sensor on the fuel pump.

so my question is, has anyone heard of this or had this problem themselves and any idea on fixing it.

look forward to hearing from you guys!
happy driving

Sponsored Links
the coding is really a calibration correction for the ecu. have had a few that can be recoded only to start knocking/smoking after a few days. a new injector recoded to the ecu seems to cure the fault.
i use the genuine ford ids system to code now. cost a bloody fortune. have found coding with bosch kts/autodiagnos/launch x431 etc cause a bit of bother.

p.s. ford born and bred and i luv them :D (epecially cosworths)

You can now recode using our MBD3210 - which is a viable diagnostic tool for the domestic user :)

Gareth
UKOBD

does anybody know how often re-coding the injectors will fix the injector fault. mines done 122000 miles so im guessing its about time they were changed but ford are hoepful re-coding will solve it. anyone with the limp on/ glow plug flasing fault.

does anybody know how often re-coding the injectors will fix the injector fault. mines done 122000 miles so im guessing its about time they were changed but ford are hoepful re-coding will solve it. anyone with the limp on/ glow plug flasing fault.

They are due a change, but remember you can also get them re-conditioned.

Recoding only works either when new injectors are put in, or when the ECU has lost the coding - this would only normally result in rough running though.

Hope this helps.

Gareth

Sponsored Links
Hi
I have got a 2004 polo FSI when i start the car it cut out. I change the oil , oil filter air filter plugs but the problem is still there. mysteriously some time do not cut out 1 or 2 weeks and then start cutting out again. The only thing to prevent this to take the engine oil cap off to let some air in for a 5 to 10 minute then it run again for days. And some time it keep cutting off. The mechanic say this could be a camshaft sensor or may be something else. There is no warning light to say there a problem. So I don’t want to spend on so many different thing and it end up it some thing else. Could you please let me know if this kind of problem been cause by the camshaft sensor.
I mean when the engine oil cap is off the engine is run fine no cutting at all. do you think i have got the same problem like the other. do you think i have to change the camshaft sensor as will. something else. i post this message on here you can update it please here is the link
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1425641#1425641

Thank you for you help.

Hi all. my mondeo tdci 130 cut out on me yesterday, luckily only in traffic. got it started after a few mins, then drove on another 10 miles ish to it cuttin out again, engine completely dying along withe the flashing preheat light. again after few mins started and drove only for about a mile before dying on me again. ive had a friends bluefin diagnostics kit on it today and it keeps coming up with p0340, which im told its the Camshaft Position sensor circuit malfunction. does anyone know if changing the sensor will help as ford have told me the usual dealership bull**** that it could be anything. look forward to hearing anyone elses past troubles involving this fault.

It will definately fix it. Just follow the instructions on http://www.pc-point.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3. You can do it yourself and the sensor will only cost you about £18 from Ford Dealer. Just lift the engine cover and see if you have a black sensor or a grey one. Black ones are faulty so if yours is black then you should definately change it. See the pictures on this above forum.
hi all, i have similar issue wiv my 53 mondeo 130 zetec sport, on starting i get a lot of smoke & i have to keep revs high to avoid cutting out. Also once warm i only really notive when in road works (the lovely ones near Nottingham on the m1) when i am doing 50mph it judders a bit. Any idea what could be causing my two issues? Cheers.
Thought the heater/glow plugs may need changing but, they look a pain to change coz of the inlet box type thing in front of them. Is it a straight forward job to change them?

I'm an expat living in Czech Republic. I've had the same problem off and on for almost 2 years. I will be getting the cam shaft position sensor changed tomorrow. I just hope this is the answer. I've been to at least 5 repair garages, all had different answer. Ford was the best with wanting me to replace everything except the body.

I've noticed the same things happening over this time.

Engine cuts out
1, never in hot dry weather or pouring rain, or below zero weather (we have loads of this) always humid damp days
2, Always in the first 15 mins of a journey, after that it's always ok.
3, Usually going downhill with foot off accelerator pedal.
4, Always starts first thing in morning.
5, Performance a little bit lumpy, gives a quick judder when pressing gas pedal.

Non start
1, eg. after driving to shops it won't start in the car park, after a break of 20 60 mins
2, Longest time stopped 2 hours.

Just wanted to share my experience for others to benefit:

fault symptoms:

Cold start fine. Drive for 5-10mins. cuts out. Glow plug light flashes. Won't restart straight away but will after about 5-10mins. (Handy if you're in the middle of a roundabout!) Thereafter drives normally while engine is hot. If car left for 20 minutes or more then above scenario repeats.

changed fuel filter - no improvement.
avoided going to garage for diagnostic test as others have done that and no fault codes came up. Listened to lots of advice about injectors, fuel pumps, egr valves sticking etc.

found other posters who experienced similar symptoms all cured by camshaft sensor replacement.

Went to Ford this morning and bought one £29.50

5 minute job. Now drives like a dream.

hope this helps someone.

Hi all,
had all the same symptons as previous mondeo owners, (53 Reg) rang Ford about the Camshaft position Sensor,(part No 1358343 £29.87) Fault code PO340. A very honest engineer told me a little secret, they are nearly all faulty!!.

Ford issued TSB (Technical Service Bulliten) through out the UK, basically saying they need replaced, BUT at the owners expense!! A TSB is one off a recall for the part, they no the fault is there, but have washed there dirty Ford hands with it!!

They have also designed a new wire harness for the CPS, as the old one also develops a fault (dodgy contacts, these new ones have gold plated contacts and need soldering to the old one)
Part No 1376175, £43.92. so the fault could be either.

I was told to replace them both, but opted for the cheaper of the two, the CPS, it is really a 5 minute job, the posts and pics are spot on, and hay presto, fixed!!! No more engine, steering, brake shut downs, (which is dangerous enough).

Thanks to all the posts, they have saved me a fortune, and as for Ford, Well you all know what we think!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Back