What protection is required for a soil pipe in concrete?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am putting a concrete floor into a stable coversion. The soil pipe is buried in pea gravel but what should I do to it as it passes through the concrete to prevent damage to the soil pipe if any movement takes place.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
how much coverage will there be between the underside of the concrete floor and the top of the pipe?

are you referring to the position of the pipe where it penetrates the floor?

how much coverage will there be between the underside of the concrete floor and the top of the pipe?

are you referring to the position of the pipe where it penetrates the floor?

Yes I am only interested in what protection, if any, I should put around the pipe as it penetrates the concrete floor.

I note from document H of teh building regs that when horizontal pipes re cast in concrete the only protection required is compresible material at joints - however there wo't be any joints as the pipe will pass perpedicularly through the concrete floor.

Sponsored Links
unless you think the floor may be vulnerable to clay heave, then you will not need any form of flexibility allowance at this point.

I note from document H of teh building regs that when horizontal pipes re cast in concrete the only protection required is compresible material at joints - however there wo't be any joints as the pipe will pass perpedicularly through the concrete floor.
There you go ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back