Worcester 350 combi fails to ignite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a problem on a worcester 350 combi boiler that fails to ignite for 10-20 attempts. There is just a flicker of a flame and then it dies. Eventually it fires up and then everything is fine until the system is cold again.

The process of the failing attempts goes like this:-
1) Gas valve solenoid operates
2) Regular spark every half second or so.
3) Very small flame lasts for up to a second
4) Flame goes out
5) Very rapid sparking and what sounds like a relay and the gas valve solenoid rapidly operating.
6) Go through this process enough times and eventually the boiler works normally until it's cold again.

I did find that tapping the relays when going through this process seemed to have a benefitial effect, so I replaced the sequencing board with one I got off ebay, thinking that one of the relays was sticking - no joy

I have pre-heated the flame sensor when the boiler is cold to see if that had any effect - no joy.

Any ideas gratefully received

Sponsored Links
hi brian did you get your boiler fixed as ive got same problem and if ,what part was it.cheers

Seeing as brian only ever posted ONE post that no one replied to back in feb I dont think he is an avid user of our lovely site do you?

Try posting a new thread with your problem and see what happens

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back