Ariston Microgenus 3-way spring kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone replaced one of these and if so how long did it take you to work it out? - me, three visits and two calls to the unbelievably patronising MTS support tw@t.

Sponsored Links
I assume you mean the motor driven diverter valve as used on the Microgenus A23 MFFI ?

In that case it takes about 15 minutes to get the block out of the boiler and 5 minutes to change the internals and another 12 minutes to get it back in!

I did one this afternoon!

Tony

Dunno, it is the motor driven one, but the 27/31 MFFI series II combi.

P.S. Anyway, the point that I was eventually going to make is that this bit is effectively a consumable item - in that it will eventually fail. So, why do MTS not publish details on how to change it?

I have never seen a failed one except for:-

Top gland leaking from dirty water, 10 min to replace.

Bottom spring/retainer out of position, 40 minute job as explained above. Thats what I did today.

Tony

Sponsored Links
That's me told then! system was perfectly clean (complete CH system installed by me about 3.5 years ago). The bit I had trouble with was actually seeing that there was a union on top of the diverter valve.

My signatures not just for fun you know.

I think we need Chris to post one of his drawings of the part.

I am not sure what you mean by the union. The top is the gland with a slot for the clip to hold in the motor assuming that we are talking about the same unit.

Its a bit more difficult to get out the lower part and I often have to ask the customer to hit the 300 mm spanner with a hammer!

Tony

The top is the gland with a slot for the clip to hold in the motor assuming that we are talking about the same unit.

Yep, that's the one. My one just looked like a solid brass casting or maybe I just need my eyes tested.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back