Ideal Response 100 Combi Boiler Losing Pressure[/b]

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am new to this and after hours of searching I have been unsuccessful in find an answer to my problem!

I have an Ideal Response 100 Combi Boiler fitted in my home which is having a few problems.

Firstly I am in the process of overhauling the house and I have a couple of radiators removed from the top floor (3rd). The boiler works fine when pressurised, but as soon as the heating goes off it loses pressure over night. I have already checked for leaks from the removed radiator fittings and all is OK. Would this cause a loss in pressure?

I have noticed that there has been a small amount of water loss coming from the discharge pipe outside, I guess a drip every 5 seconds. The boiler is currently holding pressure at 2.1bar and the heating is on. Is this correct?

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could point me the right direction to find the fault.

I look forward to your replies.

Thanks

Andy[/b]

Sponsored Links
Hi, I have checked the expansion vessel. I pushed in the valve and nothing came out. Excellent I thought, so I ran down to Argos to buy a pump to repressurise the vessel. Attempted to pump up the vessel but the pump is solid. I can not put any air in!

Anyone got any ideas??

Thanks

Andy

Sponsored Links
you need to empty boiler and have drain point open to pump up vessel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back