Triton Opal Low Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Please can someone help???

My Triton Opal (<2 years old) has developed a fault....

Shower was working fine, however now it now keeps switcing to low pressure whenever i select heat setting 1 or 2.

Problem started intermitently but now happens as soon as i turn it on.

Water pressure into & out of the shower is fine.

I have tested the micro switch/plunger and it is switching correctly.

Does this low pressure light indicate any other faults?

Any Ideas??

Sponsored Links
You say that the pressure out of the shower is fine, but have you checked that the spray holes are all completely free of scale?

Another possibility is that the inlet filter is partly blocked. Is your mains a bit gritty, or has there been any work done on the water main recently?

Thnaks for your reply...

I have taken the shower head off completely and checked the Inlet filter is not blocked.

Water flows through the shower no problem at a good rate. Turning the flow/heat control knob towards the hot setting reduces the flow but this is normal.

I have tested the Thermal cut out and this is OK (it has continuity across both contacts)

The presure light comes on when either of the two heat settings are selected. The light stays on for about 10 seconds, then goes off for about 10 seconds, the water starts to heat up (only gets luke warm) and then the pressure light comes back on again. This cycle keeps repeating.

Low pressure light does not come on when the cold button setting is used.

have you double checked the micro switch on the pcb is aligned with the plastic actuator on the flow valve.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, I have even operated the switch with a screw driver!!

Where/Whats the stabilizer valve? How do I check it?

Arh.. The stablizer valve is what i referred to as the flow/temp control valve. This works fine.

I have just tested the heating elements each gives 12 ohm and the solenoid gives 3.5kohm.

Also just noticed that the relay (top one of the two) is sparking at the contacts when the low pressure light comes on and drops the power off to the heating elements.

Running out of ideas now... But i will not be defeated!!!!!

Low pressure light does not come on when the cold button setting is used.

It won't. The Low Pressure switch is designed to protect the heating elements. Sound very much like the pressure switch has a fault on it regardless of your testing.

Yep thats my conclusion too. The somthing on the PCB must be knackered.

With regards the switch... I have taken the PCB off and tested the back of the switch. It makes continuity between the legs when the switch is pressed.

Anyone know how much a PCB will be? Where is the best place to get one?

Thanks

Cheers guys thanks for all your help. Will get a new PCB ordered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back