Upgrading old cavity wall insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My bungalow in Ireland has basic Jablite slab insulation in the cavities of 50 mm thickness. The walls are concrete block. I am not sure how effective or complete this may be. I have recently built a roofed conservatory with underfloor heating and 100mm floor insulation , double glazing and fibreglass roof insulation and it is noticeably warmer without any heating on.
Is there any product that can be injected into the original cavities to boost the UV value? Otherwise all i can do is double up on the loft insulation.All replaced wndows are now double glazed.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
a common understanding of the word 'conservatory' refers to a plastic or wood glazed building that has a glazed or plastic roof and does not or cannot comply with b'regs simply because of heat loss issues.

calling an extension a conservatory could lead to confusion. ;)

the space in your 'extension' may be noticeably warmer because it is either heated more efficiently, is not subject to any thru' drafts or is as you say better equipped at retaining the heat.

if the cavities are already filled with inso' i don't see what else can be done in this location. doubling up in the loft sounds logical.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back