Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to anyone who can help!

I have a 7.4 KW Smeg Induction Hob with 4 wires:

1 x Earth
1 x Brown Live
1 x Black Neutral
1 Blue and 1 Grey clamped together - what is this for and where do I wire it? Nothing in the manual - just says refer to qualifed sparky etc

I'm assuming this appliance should simply be wired to my 40 amp / 6mm Cooker circuit (?), but the matching 3kw Smeg Oven should be wired to a 13amp plug and then plugged into a Ring mains socket?

Or better to take a 6mm cable from the 45amp Cooker switched socket to a 13amp FCU for the oven?

Any help deeply appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Keep the hob and oven separate. You'll need all of the 40A circuit to drive the hob at full belt. Plug the oven in too and you'll have nothing to cook on......
You are coorect. The oven can go to a regular 13A socket.

No idea about the connections without seeing it. Some of these are capable of connection to three phase but come ready to go for single phase. If the instructions say "refer to qualifed sparky" I suggest you do that.

Alternatively you could post the query - with the model number(!) - on the appliances section.

Hi

Thanks for the quick Reply

The model is Smeg SE640ID, will post as you say...I can also take a picture of the wiring diagram if this will help anyone?

Thanks again

Alan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back