Fibres left on washing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I've got an old Indesit washing machine which is starting to feel it's age! I've noticed lots of fibres in the air after the washing has dried and when ironing and with a small baby in the house we nothing but sneeze and have to dust all the time. Is this due to the washing machine not cleaning the clothes properly? Really don't want to buy another but might have to...... Cheers.

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo and welcome bumpsmamma :D :D :D

do you have a tumble dryer !!! is the filter clear!!! have you noticed having to clean the filter more often!!!

have you cleaned the filter in the washing recently!!!
no expert you understand but fibres are normaly removed by the water or airflow during cleaning unless the water or airflow is overly restricted

I agree. Washing gets rid of most of the fibres except for the occasions when a tissue has been left in a pocket and it gets into the drum. Arghhhh!

If you are fortunate to have a separate tumble drier or a washer drier this gets rid if any remaining fibres, especially those disintegrated paper tissues. You are really unlucky if it is dark clothing and it can't be tumble dried.

Yes make sure the filter is clean if appropriate. I cadged a scrapped Creda tumble drier at the local dump one day for parts. When I got it home I think the filter in it must never have been cleaned. The fluff was a solid 1" thick mass. I used to think that the fluff in my belly button was bad. This 1" mat of fluff was a fire hazard and I am surprised that the machine dried anything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back