Potterton Performa 28 - can't seem to find a room thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all!

Bought house as a vacant purchase almost three years ago, and so couldn't quiz the vendors about all of the finer points.

Anyhoo, got the above combi boiler fitted, with 9 radiators (no TRVs) in a three bed detached house.

I don't think we've got a room thermostat, or if we have, I can't find it (perhaps it's disguised as a light switch - only joking!)

I presume that we control the temperature of the house via the "central heating dial" on the front of the boiler, in the absence of anything else. Is that correct?

Also, in this era of spiralling gas prices, what is the most efficient way of using this system to keep the house warm? Timed, or on at a constant low level, controlled at the boiler?

Would TRVs make a noticeable difference to the fuel bills? Is the boiler itself notoriously greedy / frugal / run-of-the-mill?

Many thanks, o wise ones :)

Sponsored Links
are you saying the boiler was fitted when you purchased the property or have you had it fitted recently?

Remove outer case and drop down the plastic controls box. Bottom left corner of box is a removable plate, under here is a terminal strip. Does the terminal strip have a yellow loop wire on the bottom connections?

Sponsored Links
whatdoIknow - apologies for not being clear - boiler was already in the house - hence couldn't quiz the previous (and absent) owners.

Will have a mooch for the yellow wire and report back....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back