Euro Meridian Alarm Fault Code - Fault 485 Comms Lost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Euro Meridian Alarm which developed a fault when I was working on another job, the fault caused the internal ringer to go off.

I called the previous owners who told me that this fault was caused by a power surge, it had happened to them a few times and the only way to fix it was to call the engineers. I did this but as it was a sunday and there was no call back number I was unable to get them, that was over a week ago and they havent returned my call - therefore hesitant to use them if that is an indication of their customer service.

I managed to get the ringer switched off (by pressing and holding down button B) but I cannot get the fault cleared, anyone know how to clear this fault - I am sure it will be a case of simply typing in a code but I cannot find anywhere on the net.

Cheers
Baxman

Sponsored Links
No
485 comms lost means that keypad has lost comms with the panel, could be a keypad, wiring or panel fault. Id suggest you get someone to look at it.

Thanks for the tip.

If I can find another service engineer in the area then I will probs go for that solution but hesitant to chase after someone who has already let me down.

As far as they are aware the alarm is still ringing! Other people in the estate have same company and say that they are not v.good.

Sponsored Links
It was something like £60 per annum plus VAT but you had to sign for a three year contract. There are extra call out charges as well but these are not documented, previous owners had a couple of middle of the night call outs which cost them quite a bit.

Hadn't got round to renewing the service contract (I am new to the house) and given my experience with them so far I am unlikely to.

It was something like £60 per annum plus VAT but you had to sign for a three year contract. There are extra call out charges as well but these are not documented, previous owners had a couple of middle of the night call outs which cost them quite a bit.

Hadn't got round to renewing the service contract (I am new to the house) and given my experience with them so far I am unlikely to.

so you cant really moan about them not returning your calls then

like any insurance, you cant take it out after the event (except the AA but that doesnt count LOL)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back