LINEA BOILER WONT RE-PRESSURIZE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Linea 24 combi boiler. I've followed the instructions for restoring pressure: switch off boiler, turn filling loop to filling position, but nothing happens: I don't hear any water and the pressure remains the same. The pressure is currently 0.4, is it a problem that it is so low? I still have hot water. Any ideas? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
It is too low and very soon will stop working :(

The reason that it will not refill is that the non return valve which is connected to the filling loop is ...kaput.

Have you also opened the little black knob/valve at other end of fill loop?

heatingman, i can't find another valve. the filling loop has never been disconnected. any clues? what is the name of the valve i should be looking for? thanks!

Sponsored Links
on the three way valve under r/h of boiler water/off/system is a flexible braided hose connected to this valve?

follow this flex hose and where it is connected is a small black knob, about 1/2 in diameter, open this anticlockwise slowly and you should hear water. It only needs to open 1 turn. Check both ends of braided hose are done up tight first. Are you moving the black lever to pointing down position? Observe pressure gauge, set at just over 1bar

Some don't have the "black knob"

And some have the non return valve at one end of the braided hose and some have it at the other end, just to confuse matters :rolleyes:

definitely can't see the black nob. is scatman right? if so, what is the next move? i just tried to upload a picture of the boiler, but couldn't figure it out. maybe cos i have a mac...

definitely can't see the black nob. is scatman right?

I usually am ;)

Seriously though.

I have seen loads with this fault.

Do you want to attempt to sort the problem yourself?

BOILER_1.jpg

here is the image! i would like to fix it myself if its possible. i'm a complete novice but want to try...

i had one like this last week and i was sh*t blocking the valve on the heating side. the hole that is in the valve is realy small and is prone to blocking. you will have to remove and clean or replace the complete valve.

i'v just seen your picture.
just to the left of your letter C where it joins the valve is where your problem may be.

Neal, are you saying i should remove pipe B, and clean inside the bronze valve, area C? anything i should do before i remove the pipe??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back