condensate pipe angled upwards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. My installer has just put in a W. Bosch 12ri boiler with the horizontal part of the condensate pipe rising up by about 2cms as it goes out of the house rather than down (before it elbows vertically) (looks like they've drilled a hole in the wall at a slight upwards angle by accident). He told me that it didn't matter and that the water pressure would push out the water but I'm not convinced. Surely any water coming out should drain downwards? Could this damage the boiler or make it unsafe? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
there is no pressure on the codensate as it leaves the boiler that is why the pipe needs to run down towards the drain, he has fitted it badly and is trying to bullsh1t you, get him back to fix it, it isn't really dangerous but if the water in the pipe freezes as it is lying in the pipe it will fill the pipe up and turn the boiler off
the pipe from the boiler should be 19/22mm if it goes through the wall in this size it needs to be insulated the best option is to run it through the wall in 32mm, if he can't even be bothered to rectify something like this at the install i dread to think how you will get on getting him back for a warranty call, hope you haven't paid him yet, i would hold payment until it is rectified

Yep, he's installed it incorrectly. The condensate pipework must fall at least 50mm per metre towards the outlet. If he has left you the Installation Instructions (which he should have done) check out page 10.

Cheers for confirming that. It seemed to defy all logic. He's corgi registered - is it something I should tell them about?

Sponsored Links
I doubt Corgi would be interested - it's not a gas safety issue just very poor, shoddy workmanship.

Hi, I have just posted a similar question.

I knew it didn't look right. I'll have to get the plumber to check it tomorrow. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back