BAXI INSTANT 105E HOT WATER PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, WE HAVE HAD THIS BOILER FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS, JUST LATELY THE HOT WATER RUNS COLD UNLESS YOU TURN THE TAP NEARLY FULL ON. ONCE THE HOT WATER STARTS RUNNING THE WATER IS NICE AND HOT.
IT SEEMS THAT THE FLOW OF WATER IS NOT SWITCHING ON THE BOILER UNLESS ITS ON FULL. IS THIS ADJUSTABLE . ANY ADVICE MUCH APPRECIATED. REGARDS TV MAN.

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if the diverter valve has failed!

However that depends on my recollection that its a diaphragm diverter valve for hot water flow detection and a motor driven diversion to the store/expansion vessel.

Tony

Thanks for that Agile. The service manual suggests a sticking diaphram or microswitch. Can anyone comfirm this ? Thanks.

The diaphragm is likely to be failed! Or the shaft stuck or quite possibly the switch is failed.

On this kind of model I change as many switches as I do diaphragms if not more!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I am having the same problem and was told the samething by the guy that installed it. He also said it would be expensive to put right, is this true?

I am having the same problem and was told the samething by the guy that installed it. He also said it would be expensive to put right, is this true?

It shouldnt be unless the diverter has failed. Neither diaphragms or switches are expensive parts generally. The labour charge should be around an hour i would imagine for diaphragm

Part No. 248734 (£20-30) and a 10mm spanner do the job yourself in 10 minutes!

Part No. 248734 (£20-30) and a 10mm spanner do the job yourself in 10 minutes!

That was going to be my next question. Is it something I can do myself. I read through the installation manual and it explains how to replace the diaphram and diverter.

knock off the water, open hot tap, screws out, top off divertor, old diaphram out, new one in, srew back together, test.... as baxipot says 10mins, 20 if your a novice! have fun and try not to flood the place! :LOL:

sounds good to me. Found the part 248734 VALVE-DIFFERENTIAL-DHW for £25.95 is that all i need. What about diaphram? Sorry about all the questions but if I can save a few £££'ssss then it will be much appricated.

Thanks for all your help. I bought the new diaphragm £15.21 inc. VAT and P&P and just fitted. I now have hot water again with just a turn of the tap. took me about an hour, but that was only because the spring flew out and I could not find the push rod LOL :D :D :D :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back