imerssion switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I turned on my imerssion swith and the unit blew. This is an old unit 15 years or so with the red iluminated panel.The bulb seems to have blown. There is no fuse in this unit. Does the bulb act as a fuse? Do I replace the whole unit?. What is the fuse rating of this unit?. The fuses in the box all sem ok, Mal

Sponsored Links
I think some clarification is needed (well, it is for me, anyway)

actionmal said:
I turned on my imerssion swith and the unit blew.
When you say "the unit", what do you mean? Was there a flash or a bang from anywhere?

This is an old unit 15 years or so with the red iluminated panel.
Do you mean a switch similar to this?:

BG931.jpg

The bulb seems to have blown. There is no fuse in this unit. Does the bulb act as a fuse?
The bulb would not be a fuse. Does the switch feel the same when you work it? Could it be broken? Do you have the skills and confidence to remove it and check the wiring?

Do I replace the whole unit?. What is the fuse rating of this unit?.
If the "unit" is a switch, it doesn't have a "fuse rating".

Any chance of a photo?

The fuses in the box all sem ok, Mal
I take it you mean the main fusebox?

PartPee.gif

I had a similar problem, so went out and bought a new MK Fused Connection Unit with 13amp fuse (Better Protection), and installed it in place of the old one, and all works fine now.

It is fed from a single 16amp B MCB on a 2.5 sq.mm. cable and is 8 metres long approx.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back