Mira Sport electric shower no power.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have just moved into my new house and the electric shower does not work.

I have a mira sport thing with two turning nobs (power and temperature) and one button that i assume is off and on. There is no other switch or anything in the hosue at all for the shower.

I found an RCD that did nothing in the house and replaced it but still no good. The one i brought was 40amp the one in there 6 or 16 cant remember. The change over did nothing so i put the old one back in incase it was actually for something.

I have had the front of the shower unit off and all seems alright to the very untrained eye.

Is there anything else i can try. it must be a power thing as none of the lights come on and it just seems to be powerless.

people keep telling me that there MUST be another power switch somewhere but there is definately not.

Can anyone think of anything to try.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
i dont have any of these.

All the switches in the house can be accounted for.

SOLUTION

Spoke to the estate agent and complained. She phoned the couple who lived there and apparently they plummed the shower in but didnt get the electrical work done.

Does anyone know or have any ideas how much you would expect to pay for a sparky to do the lecy work. As far as i can see and guess, there was never an electric shower in place so will have to start from scratch, parts and all.

The shower and the consumer unit are practically above/below each other up and downstairs.

Sponsored Links
Thee cost to install depends on a few things.
How far is the shower from the consumer unit.
The longer the distance the more cable needed.
Do you have spare circuit breakers or a gap for one in your consumer unit.
If you do this will save you money because you wont need to get a second consumer unit to run the shower.
where in the country are you. if you live in a city you will probubaly pay more but there is more competition so its worth getting a few quotes.

I hope this information helps.
Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back