rain gutters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a little confused on which type of gutter to choose. They just installed copper gutters next door. I asked the installer about PVC gutters and he did not recommend them. I thought they would be the most maintenance free type and would last long. Anyone have comments on PVC gutters, good or bad? Thanks

Sponsored Links
grandpa said:
I'm a little confused on which type of gutter to choose. They just installed copper gutters next door. I asked the installer about PVC gutters and he did not recommend them. I thought they would be the most maintenance free type and would last long. Anyone have comments on PVC gutters, good or bad? Thanks

I had seanless gutters ( white painted alumminum) made for my house..... pvc ends up with too many connectors. How many feet are you going to do.... Copper is vevy costly. I added up all the cost for pvc plus all of the connectors plus the time to install. My gutters were made on site to fit . The longest one was over 45 feet long with no connectors in the middle.

Sponsored Links
I dont rate seamless gutters, if ever you get a damaged piece then that whole run needs to be replaced, they look real tatty after a couple of years and they are more expensive

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back