how do i light the pilot light on my thorn m boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i think to the gale force winds, my pilot light has gone out. I haven't a clue how to relight it. can anyony help please

Sponsored Links
Hold the grey button down and press the clicky thing! Keep the button held down and slowly let go about 20 secs after the pilot has lit'

Do Not take the glass cover off if yours is a balanced flue [ With a stainless steel terminal out the back]

It went out either because its just in 'one of those locations' or that it could need servicing.

Thanks but i cant find a grey button or a clicky thing. ive found a grey cylnder with an arrow and a dot on. ive turned pressed and released it slowly to no avail. only had it serviced 10 months ago after a copper coloured wire thing burnt out. any more clues or shall i go cold?

Thanks but i cant find a grey button or a clicky thing. ive found a grey cylnder with an arrow and a dot on. ive turned pressed and released it slowly to no avail. only had it serviced 10 months ago after a copper coloured wire thing burnt out. any more clues or shall i go cold?

The grey cylinder is what you hold in, but before you do, find the clicky thing with a black knob on the top with clicks when you push it.

Sponsored Links
coldness prevails, i cannot find a black clicky thing anywhere. thanks for u advice, looks like i need a plumber to show me where the blinking clicky thing is

coldness prevails, i cannot find a black clicky thing anywhere. thanks for u advice, looks like i need a plumber to show me where the blinking clicky thing is

Give me the boiler model and GC number on the data plate as they dao different types.

thankyou the model is thorn m74

there are lots of gc numbers cased cf 4178932 and bf 4178933. uncased 4178934 and 4178935

thankyou the model is thorn m74

there are lots of gc numbers cased cf 4178932 and bf 4178933. uncased 4178934 and 4178935

Ok so you haven't got one :oops:

At the bottom just left of center is an inspection hole with a little plate over it.

What you do is hold the grey knob in at the same time light the pilot with an match or taper through the hole, hold the knob in for approximately 30 sec, and release slowly, the pilot should stay alight.

First make sure the boiler thermostat is switched off at the switch and the programmer is calling

thankyou i will have to try this tomorrow as i have no matches. so i turn the thermosat all the way to nothing. i get that bit. what do you mean by programmer calling? sorry im being a bit thick about this.

Turn the boiler electrics off on the wall switch.

By calling I mean put the programmer on continuos.

Roll an piece of paper into a taper and use that :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back