Hoover AL130 problem(s)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This machine has been a real pain :cry: . Our last machine was a hoover which we had for over 12 years before we decided to upgrade. It only needed the filter cleaning occasionally - should have stuck with that one :oops:

This ones 3 years old. Had a new door seal and hinge. We had a hoover repairman out 2 months ago as it kept sticking on the cycle. Sometimes it would start to fill and just keep going, then it overheated and melted the powder drawer and ruined all the clothes that were in it :eek: . It needed a new mainboard, pressure switch, drawer and something else that I can't remember atm.

Now it's sticking again but always in the same place (it was random before). It's on the cycle just after the rinse and the 6k button is flashing on and off. Sometimes I can turn it off, turn it to the spin and, if its a slow spin cycle, it will spin. Mostly not though and not at all on a fast spin.

Hope this is enough info. I'm clueless with washing machines. I'm still covered (guarantee) for parts but not labour. Is it possible that this is a problem with the same parts it just had? The work is under warranty for 12 months or is it going to cost me again? Is it something we(hubby ;) )can repair?

Sponsored Links
You could do what I did with our totally cr*p dishwasher, pressurise the company under the sale of goods act 1972 by stating that 3 years and all the repairs to the useless appliance which is still useless do not constitute goods that were fit for sale. They often cave in after a bit of arm twisting. It worked for me :D

Hi i've got the same washing machine as u,with all the same problems & its driving me up the wall.
I can only put it on when i'm watching it other wise it boils everything , i'v had drawer replaced twice fermastat replaced know they tell me i need a new modual witch is a £100. I have had no luck with machines at all. my first machine was a whilpool witch i had for 15 years. then had 2 more whilpools in just 3 years & now i have 2 get another one but don't no what make to get cos they all seem to go wrong with in a year .
this will be 4 machines in under 5 years can any 1 recomend a good machine for me please.
I have been looking at a hotpoint WMA58p HAS ANY 1 HAD THIS MACHINE & CAN U RECOMEND IT
THANKS

i used to work for hp, most are good (but i would say that because i used to work for them)

Sponsored Links
AL130 washing machine - thanks for comments - just had the continuous boil problem yesterday with melted powder drawer - have to wait 4 days for Hoover repairman then can only say some time between 8.30 and 5.00. I know now to be very proactive with this repair.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back