COMMENTS PLEASE -----Electrical Info Reference Section.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I (with site permission) had a go at tidying up the above section and have removed duplication, inactive links etc.

Obviously I am not a sparky so would be obliged if anyone could look through and say what amendments need to be done or if any duplication needs deleting.

Also, any constructive comments are welcome in the interest of helping other site visitors benefit from the information posted.

Many thanks :D

Sponsored Links
Just had cause to use it and I like it :D
Better organised than before (I like organised), but the pictures for topics (1) to (4) are not appearing at the moment, for me at least :?:

Looks good; all these improvements are welcome.

A few general points: it would be good if the contents list provided links to the individual entries. Would they each have to become a separate thread in order to achieve this?

Some of the photographs in the helpful entry on 'fitting a dimmer switch' are less than RF Lighting's usual high standard, to the point of being difficult to decipher.

Some diagrams are too wide, so that the width of the page isn't visible without scrolling left and right.

There are some spelling errors and grocer's apostrophes which could be put right.

It's noticeable how many questions get asked which could have been answered by the poster doing a little reading of this information section.

Thanks for doing this work.

Thanks Xerxes for comments. :D

it would be good if the contents list provided links to the individual entries.

Beyond my scope I'm afraid.

Some of the photographs in the helpful entry on 'fitting a dimmer switch' are less than RF Lighting's usual high standard,

Perhaps RF could look into this if he has time.

Some diagrams are too wide, so that the width of the page isn't visible without scrolling left and right.

I agree but don't know how to shrink them. Help please anyone.

There are some spelling errors and grocer's apostrophes which could be put right.

Point them out please.

Thanks for doing this work.

Bit too much time on my hands! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Looks good; all these improvements are welcome.

A few general points: it would be good if the contents list provided links to the individual entries. Would they each have to become a separate thread in order to achieve this?
Have you looked at the wiki? It is built more like this.
Which pics? The pics are hosted in external websites such as photobucket and are the size which they are when uploaded. There is normally a function on the website to shrink the images when uploading. What size monitor are you using?

There is normally a function on the website to shrink the images.

Be good if someone could achieve this.

Any ideas?

Is there any duplication which needs deleting? I think there is but I would prefer guidance from Sparkies.

I'd need to know which ones are problematic, the ones in the wiki are mostly held on the diynot server. A lot of the info in the sticky is also in the wiki.

I'd need to know which ones are problematic,

1,2,3,4, &9 for starters could do with a shrink or they can be replaced if you have others that are similar. :D

The photo in 1 isn't very wide, I suspect it may be 9 or 13 which is causing the problem. I use a pretty large monitor so it isn't as obvious. I will have a play about later to see if I can reduce them, got to go n do the lights for a show now :D (RF has got competition :LOL:)

Thanks to Spark 123 for linking each topic.

Anymore contributions are welcome.

Come on RF Lighting, Ban all Sheds, Securespark, etc and cast your critical eyes over the content.

Referring posters to this section will save you repeating yourselves when the same topics come up.

Saved me a lot of effort in the plumbing section.

Thanks to all so far. :D :D

I clicked on your FAQ's link & it went to plumbing. Is that what you meant us to look over, or am I confused? ;)

Bahco? Im assuming you are mod? Difficult to tell on this forum.

All looks good on my posts within the topic as far as I can see, but I find it difficult to cast my eye over other peoples posts as we all write and angle things differently.....

Me, a mod? :eek:

I am tidying up various Faqs sections for Admin but leave the modding of the forum to the others.

Glad you like what has been done so far and keep the comments coming as I shall be flying the nest back to the plumbing forum soon.

:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back