Bosch Exxcel 1200 Express Washing machine - Drum not turning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
This is the first time I have used the internet for this type of thing so hoping somebody can help on this problem.
Bosch Exxcel 1200 Washing machine will fill with water but won't do anything else. Can hear the programs being run through and then the water is discharged.
As water will flow in and be pumped out realise this is not a pump problem.
Could it be a motor problem? (replacement motor is £179) so need other ideas before paying out that sort of money.

Reasonable handy can tackle most things but not major knowledge on electrics.

Looking forward to some help.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I am replying to myself here so that hopefully I can help someone else in the future.

After reading various other threads, realised it was probably the bushes in the motor. To change these:

Disconnect electric supply
Disconnect Water supply
Disconnect Drain pipe.
Turn machine upside down
Remove the belt off the fly wheel
Remove the motor by taking the two bolts out towards the back of the motor support arms
The motor then slides out.
Remove the bush that is not near the terminal block
Remove the bush near the terminal block it is easier to unplug the terminal block first.
Replace the bushes and re assemble

Hay Presto - one working machine. total cost £33.17 a bit of hassle and a great deal of satisfaction. Alternative call an engineer Motor £179.64 plus labour say £60. Total £239.64. Saving £206.47 I'm off to the pub!

If I can do it then most people can do it.

Hi - I'm just curious: did you manage to buy your replacement brushes in a local shop? (I got mine mail-order as I couldn't figure out what shops might stock them, despite a good bit of net searching...)

ta
Neil
PS: I was assuming you didn't get 'em mail-order as both your posts were today...

Hi Neil,

Just got out the old fashioned Yellow Pages and looked up Electrical Appliances and looked for a Bosch stockist and phone to see if they had the part in stock.

Cheers
Simon.

Sponsored Links
Hiya similar prob.... can I ask why the need to turn the washer upside down??? Only I'm trying to have a go at locating these bushes.... but cant get the motor off???

Many thanks x

Turning upside down can result in problems with the pressure system.
Do it properly, remove the motor from the rear of the machine, change the carbons, refit the motor.

Not all repairers would fit a new motor. We carry carbon brushes as van stock.

Just to say thanks for the advice in this thread ... £15 and half of Saturday afternoon have resulted in a working machine.

Just in time for Christmas too.

JB.

Just replaced the brushes myself on a Bosch Maxx Exxcel 1200 (is one x not good enough for Bosch?)

I was wondering if its normal to be a little noisier on drum revolution with new brushes or have I not aligned the belt properly?

cheers

You usually find the machine a little noisier after replacing the brushes.

They just need time to bed in properly.

Hi, I have a similar problem with a 3-year old machine.

It has not been used more than 20 times during this period since it has been in storage and is now out in Spain with us.

The machine will fill with water (much higher than it normally does) then immediately drain. The drum will not turn on any of the programs although it will operate on the Spin setting.

I assume, therefore, that this is not a problem with the motor/bushes since the Spin program does work.

Could it be something to do with the program circuit board?

Since we are stuck out in the mountains in southern Spain without anyone nearby to help us, it would be great if you clever things could point us in the right direction.

Thanks, Lynda and Joe

pressure tube come off /blocked pressure chamber .blow though the pipe on the inside of mc .

Thanks Rocks1

You say that I need to check if the pressure tube has come off or if there is a blocked pressure chamber, then blow through the pipe on the inside of the mc.

I have been searching the internet for a diagram of the machine to show where the above tube/chamber are and haven't been able to find one.

Could you give me a better idea of where these are within the machine?

Many thanks,
JB

remove the lid and on the right hand side i think, is a clear plastic tube that runs to the bottom of the mc .at the top of the cabinet is a black round pressure switch the tube is attacted to that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back