Jewson kitchens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't got a clue where to post this, so here seemed like a plan!

Has anyone used Jewson kitchens and if so, what are they like?

I've been looking at them or Sheraton and just wondered which would be the best.

Sponsored Links
Last year, a work colleague ordered a kitchen from Jewsons, and the rep assured him it was an "unbeatable" price after deducting a 30% trade discount. IIRC it was about £3000 worth of stuff.

The following week, they found exactly the same kitchen in another local store for just over £2k, and were offered it for just under £2k with a discount.

The guy phoned the Jewsons rep up, and angrily told him about this new find. The rep then offered to reduce it to £2k but could not explain why he had priced it so high in the first place, and no apology or hint of interest in the customer . My colleague told the rep to f off with his kitchen and his discount, and also took his account to another merchant.

Ahh, so they're like that. I haven't been in to them at all - I just saw some of their kitchens online and ordered a brochure. They looked really nice but I've already got the Sheraton brochure and the merchant that does the Sheraton are sound (and I get a decent discount from him ;) ). The moral here could be best to stick with what I know.

Believe it or not, I went to Wickes last week, got a kitchen design done and was quoted 6 grand for the units alone (no appliances) - the kitchen is only 2.5 x 3.5 metres - the design consisted of about 11 units. I nearly fainted.

Thanks.

A friend of mine has the Jewson range very nice and sturdy units however they were purchased by her local council and fitted by a contrator. I was also given some of the same units by her and is currently trying to find matching range.

Enjoy last two comments :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back