Baxi 105e fault light flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

hoping someone can help me with this, had a baxi 105e for about 8 years and in that time the PCB and diaphragm have both failed and been replaced.

now its started with a new problem, when CH or DHW is on it will run for a short while and then the fault light for 'fault on central heating sensor' starts to flash. this happens if youve got water and heating on together or if either one of them is on its own. been doing it for a few days and usually if you leave it for a bit it will start working again and you can get enough water for a shower, but now its finally given up !

does anyone know if it will soley be the central heating temp sensor that will need changing ? or could it be somethign else, also why would the central heating temp sensor affect the hot water ? would this mean that the DHW temperature sensor could be at fault even though its warning light doesnt flash.

cheers for any help and advice

Sponsored Links
You have probally got the chrome NTC sensor fitted ..Replace with 5108265, Put as much of the white paste around the new sensor as poss.

The CH sensor is the primary sensor so it will register for hot water as well as heating. :)

fantastic, thanks a lot. just ordered the part for just under £7, so should be working in the next few days.

cheers for the help

fantastic, thanks a lot. just ordered the part for just under £7, so should be working in the next few days.

cheers for the help

could you tell me if this works please as i have the exact same problem.

thanks

shane

Sponsored Links
hi, yeah it solved the problem straight away. i found the part on ebay for under £7 and had it sorted ina a couple of days, part number is 5108265, if you search for that number on ebay you will find the part you need

simon

hi, yeah it solved the problem straight away. i found the part on ebay for under £7 and had it sorted ina a couple of days, part number is 5108265, if you search for that number on ebay you will find the part you need

simon

thanks alot mate. saved me alot of hassle

shane

no problem, its dead easy to do , takes 5 minutes and it'll all be workign again

hi, if youve got the servicing booklet that came with the boiler, look in there at the section that says changing components and find the central heating temperature sensor, in my book its section 14.9, its basically a case of pulling the electrical connection from it and then unscrewing the part, then screw in the new one and reconnect the electrical connection and you are all done.

if you havent got the booklet, its here http://www.baxi.co.uk/docs/Baxi_Combi_105_HE_Installation_and_Servicing_Instructions.pdf and you want page 40 section 14.9

hi, if youve got the servicing booklet that came with the boiler, look in there at the section that says changing components and find the central heating temperature sensor, in my book its section 14.9, its basically a case of pulling the electrical connection from it and then unscrewing the part, then screw in the new one and reconnect the electrical connection and you are all done.

if you havent got the booklet, its here http://www.baxi.co.uk/docs/Baxi_Combi_105_HE_Installation_and_Servicing_Instructions.pdf and you want page 40 section 14.9

cheers your a star. very much appreciated

Hi - I have a similar fault on my 105e. It is about 5 yrs old. Recently the DHW led started flashing and we could get no hot water, unless you put the CH on, then ran the hot tap. This made the LED fault light go out and we got hot water as normal. Since yesterday, the boiler will only heat water to 40 degrees then the fault light will come on regardless of the CH being on. If you leave the hot tap running the fault light goes out until temp hits 40 deg again then cuts out light flashes and so on......
Is this just a simple DHW sensor replacement or could it be something else?

that was exactly what mine always did and no problems since i replaced the sensor.

The DHW sensor? Is it an easy job to do. I've looked in the service manual and it looks easy enough. Where is the best place to get the part?

Thanks

, its basically a case of pulling the electrical connection from it and then unscrewing the part, then screw in the new one and reconnect the electrical connection and you are all done.

But what about adding the thermal transfer paste?

Is that the difference between a DIYer's bodge and a professional's repair?

Tony

you got me there, its the difference between paying £8 and having a working boiler and paying a professional to do it.

if you can afford a professional to fix it, then thats fine, if you cant and i cant, then you do what you have to do. i replaced a faulty part and my boiler works fine now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back