Cold double glazed window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I 've recently had UPVC double glazed windows fitted in my new house. I am experiencing a cold draught from one of the windows which has a sill just at neck height when sitting on the sofa right under it. There doesn't seem to be a draught but suspect its the hot air contacting the window, cooling and falling, then bouncing off the sill. I have underfloor heating which I understand gives a more acceptable heat at a lower temoerature. Is my problem the fact that because the inside air temperature touching the window is cooler than with a conventional radiator system, means that the air will cool further and feel cold? I'm just wanting this confirmed before I get on to the DG people - yes, I have checked for draughts!

Sponsored Links
I have a conservatory with U/floor heating & have noticed a similar effect in cold weather but there is a lot of glass in my case. I haven’t given it a lot of thought before but your theory certainly sounds plausible!

It seems most likely to be a draught caused by the reasons you suggest.

It will be more noticable as our necks are very sensitive to to cold, and it may be worth avoiding this in the medium/long term for health reasons.

Move the settee or fit some longer, thicker curtains

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back