Please help change name settinga on pyronix sterling 10 alar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please can anyone help me change the settings on my alarm? It has the name of the previous houses owner on the alarm LCD all the time!
As far as I can tell it's a pyronix sterling 10 alarm.

Thanks in advance - I'm new here!

Sponsored Links
Page 25 onwards of the engineering manual explains all. :idea:

You may have difficulty in getting one, thats the problem.

thanks, does anyone have any idea where I could get a copy of this? I know it isn't an urgetnt DIY thing but it really bugs us having someone elses name in our house!

(edited for typo)

Let's take this a stage further, even with the manual, unless you know the engineer code to get into programming you've got problems I'm afraid.
This is not really a DIY panel.

Didn't you take over the service contract when you bought the house?
If you did get the engineer to change the name for you next visit, shouldn't cost you anything then

Sponsored Links
First check the engineer code is the default one. press (function) 09999 , the keypad should read Engineer mode. If it does , then press the function key followed by the down arrow untill the display reads (change text). then press the function key again to accept, then use the scroll keys to scroll to the text you want to change. use the keys ( 0 to 9 ) like you would a mobile phone keypad when texting, to insert spaces between words , press the 0 key twice. When the desired letter or number is displayed use the <PA and >fire keys to scroll between segments on the display, and when the text is complete, press the function key to accept. the function key must be pressed to accept the changes to the text. Now use the down arrow key to scroll to (exit ) and then press the function key to accept . Hope that is enough to be of help. kaf

dont know if u have sorted it yet but if u still require a copy of the manual drop a reply back here and i will scan mine for you. Hopefully the engineer code/nvm reset has not been enabled, unless you know the engineer code or it is still at default.

I followed the advise to change the display text in the engineer mode. Help I cant get out of the engineer mode now and nothing happens when I push the function button. Can anyone help on this matter.

Ok, I am now out of the engineer mode and the text I entered with my name and number is displayed on the lcd screen, but I now cant access any of the functions.
I press the function key and then the down arrow key and nothing happens. I can still arm and disarm the alarm with the codes I had programed before. Please help.

Whoops, I think you will find this is the wrong way to LEAVE Eng Mode

"press FUNC , 0 , 0 , then eng code twice"

1. To ENTER Eng Mode
Func, 0, 0, then Eng code

2. To LEAVE Eng Mode
Func, 0, 0 , then Eng code (ONLY ONCE THIS TIME)

I expect what you have now done is to go back straight into engineering, therefore any key presses you have made since the second entering of the Eng code, has now altered the programming.

If I'm right, I would now strongly suggest you get an engineer in who is conversant with the Stirling 10 as it will need to be re-set to Factory defaults and re-programmed.

To help you through the defaulting (should not really do that, as we don't know who you are) and re-programming is not really something to be done through a Forum like this, would take weeks, and you can see how easy it would be for a simple mistake to be made, we would then be back to square one.

Good luck, hope I'm wrong, but ...............

ps

Unfortunately the Engineering Programming Manual is NOT available from Pyronix, you are only allowed the User Manuals, sorry

ps 2

Are we talking to two different posters, rabbitboy and leytoncook?

Its 2 posters, I have bought an engineers manual online for £10. When it arrived I followed the instructions to do a NVM reset and it worked.

My alarm is now working correctly and with my name on the display.

Tonight, my wife spotted the main light in the lounge was hanging out be rawl plugs.

Turned the breakers off (process of trial and error, if I ever find out who the electrician who didn't label the breakers was...) and took it down.

Only in the process I power-cycled the alarm.

In trying to clear the alert I accidentally got into engineer mode and enable the the chime on all sensors. Which would have meant no sleep due to the dog wandering in the night setting things off.

This thread saved my life.

Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back