Please help change name settinga on pyronix sterling 10 alar

Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me how to do a nvm reset? I have lost my code and do not have an engineers manual.

I can remember that you need to use a wire and short out a connection and cycle the power but cant remember which pins.

Where can I buy a manual from?

thanks Imran

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi,

The panel has a couple of pins near the middle. To reset the NVM (non-volatile memory, remove all power (mains and battery), temporarily short the two pins while restoring power. Two things to note though:

1. This action will put everything back to factory defaults so you would really need the installation manual to set the panel up again (like timeout for bell, entry delay, exit delay, whether each zone is entry, immediate, omitted, etc.)

2.It is possible that the engineer who installed it set the option to prevent NVM reset using the above method. In that case you would need the engineering code to do a NVM reset (and if you had the code you probably wouldn't be trying to do a reset anyway).

blackfish.

Hi, can anyone point me in the direction of or send me the engineers manual. Any help appreciated.

I thought you guys were dead against giving manuals out?

Yep, you can have any user I have in stock. Unless your trade you wont get a install from me!

:D

Old argument, if others want to do it. Its up to them.

I'm against it, people who do cause offence to some, including myself.

If people feel the need, please do it in private.

I am of the opinion that the restricting access to engineering/installation manuals is primarily driven by two factors:

First, the manufacturers don't want to be seen as liable if such information was used to compromise the security of a protected property. I don't believe there's a real threat and it's just part of the "cover your back" mentality. Compare, for instance, the damage that could emanate from a gas appliance if tinkered with by an inexperienced person. However, the gas installer has to leave full instructions with the user by law.

Second, the hidden agenda of some alarm installers. Alarms are not rocket science. Sure they are virtually impossible to set up and programme without the installation instructions (some instructions being less "user friendly" than others), but anyone with a bit of experience in things electrical should be able to cope. Some installers rely on this as a source of relatively easy income. Occasionally they'll need to get a ladder up to the bell box, but most problems can be sorted at the control panel or the relatively simple peripherals (PIRs, magnetic contacts, etc.). It could be in their interest to necessitate the user to generate a call out; ker-ching!

There is an exception where I believe a legitimate reason exists - those alarms where the user has a maintenance contract with the alarm company. Clearly you don't want a user messing up the configuration and insisting that the company puts it right.

I deliberately said "some installers" because there are a lot of genuine, hard-working folks out there, just earning a living from alarms. It's probably the few that spoil it for the many.

It's not just alarms systems that are embroiled in this attempt to restrict the user from accessing all available information - try getting a manufacturer's service manual for any car - the very reason that Mr. Haynes saw a niche in the market.

bf

Hi, can anyone point me in the direction of or send me the engineers manual. Any help appreciated.
Google works wonders >

You can buy one here for £4.99

www.uksecuritystore.co.uk/downloads.htm[/QUOTE]

Pot kettle ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,!

In answer to the engineer codes, if your system is under contract then you will/should not have the eng code. End of contract, ask for it to be changed.
When on a police responce you are NOT allowed the engineer code nor do resets in certain circumstances yourself.

You see here some questions asked, them the OP destroys the programming no matter how clearly you give advice.

You would not ask a mechanic to fix the gas, so why complain when you need an "engineer".
We help here as much as we can for no profit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back