Best wet tile saw on a budget? (makes/models)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there

i have to cut some slate and basalt tiles both approx 10mm thick.

what wet tile saw should i get? what are the best makes?

budget sub 100

any help apreciated :)

Sponsored Links
the PlasPlugs Mastertiler? just been looking at it.

have you had to replace blades at all?

Once, and it wasn't expensive.

I am not using the machine every day so it is not getting a pounding but I have had other cheapies in the past including a very nasty one from Blackspur, (to be avoided)

Sponsored Links
hi there

i have to cut some slate and basalt tiles both approx 10mm thick.

what wet tile saw should i get? what are the best makes?

budget sub 100

any help apreciated :)

Depends on many you have to cut, I've used one from BnQ, not their own make, to do a WC and Kitchen, no problems should last me 2 bathrooms for £30 or so worth it, could be cheaper for you to hire one unless you have a lot to do.

John

Just replaced my old workhorse with a Vitrex pro 750 wet saw £99.00 from tile depot, topps tiles also do them. Really smooth motor, hardly any water spray and it has mitre cut facility and angle cuts from 0-45 degrees. I'm really pleased with it - mind you I'm not a pro tiler, but for the kitchens and bathroom fits we do its more than adequate.

sounds good mate.

althoguh im realy tempted by the plasplugs master as B&Q are doing it for £79 in the sale! bargain really.

have u had a plasplugs or used one?

never liked the idea of buying quality from b&q ;)

Plasplugs are fine I'm sure of that but for the extra £20 the Vitrex has an extra 100w of power and more facilities with regards to the fence and angles. Maybe I should sing its praises in a year or so from now though :oops:

You're paying for the blade. Forget the brand, forget the cost - rip out the standard blade and replace with a decent diamond blade and you'll be ok. The 115mm blades I use cost over £30 and are superb, so if you're getting the whole package (machine and blade) for that price, you can't expect much.
Get yourself a reasonable cutter (I prefer an angle grinder) and get yourself a decent blade. That's what makes the difference.

well i bought the Plaslugs Master saw and i must say I am impressed. But I am only a diyer so im sure other cutters are much better but for the price and what my expectation was i am suitably impressed. i thought i was going to have real troubles cutting through slate (9mm) and basalt (12mm) but this does the job nicely.

think i may try another blade with it once this one has blunted.

thanks everyone for the advice :)

i love this forum!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back