Enamel bath and descaler..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:cry:

I've had my enamel bath for years and today I decided to use some descaler to remove some tired 'run marks'. I told myself I'd n e v e r do it, but today I did. Now, alas, the lower half of the bath has significantly lost its "glassy" finish...

Is there any product I can use to 'build up' some sort of top coat. I suspect not, and I'm definitely nowhere near the stage of re-coating... I feel very foolish at the moment..

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Pity you did not ask on here before you started :D

Some products have a warning on them about using on enamel baths. But they are ok, if you do it gently, always have some clean water available ready to splash on immediately you have used the product. I think the best thing to do now is to fill the bath with hot water, put plenty of biological washing powder in, and leave it all day. Then empty, and carefully rub over with a bath cleaning sponge.

Our enamel bath is 60 years old, and still has an acceptable appearance.

Sponsored Links
Foxhole,
the rubber you suggest will only remove such marks as metal marks (such as your ring scratching the surface or your watch) what the lime scale remover has done is etched into the enamel and the only repair to bring thjis back to life is to have the bath resurfacedor buy a new bath. I see this happen all the time with such products as ****** Bang etc etc

Azillio
Sorry no better options.
Some of our work can be seen here http://www.bathroom-surgery.co.uk

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back