combi boiler works for hot water but not central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
edit: water pressure ok now

moved into an old house; the combi has not been used for a while, its a Vaillant no. VCW-GB-242-EH and the hot water works ok but the central heating does not.. any ideas? The water pressure was on zero but i have brought the bar up to above the red marker- that keeps dropping tho, and i have to keep doing it..

Any ideas? my GF is getting the hump!

Sponsored Links
water leak somewhere, possibly from PRV, check discharge pipe outside.
does heating work when you've upped the pressure

Cheers for answering- no, cannot see a leak at this time(to be honest i only started on it today) but CH does not come on with 2 bar pressure

Outside discharge very very slight leak but i dont think this is the prob

There seems to be a problem with this site as its allowing you to register without saying where you are located.

Or perhaps the owner has modified the site to make the location unnecessary.

Thats a retrograde step because for many postings it helps us to give a better answer if we know where they are located.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Yes it is a side affect of the new setup, it isn't a permanent thing, just something that needed to happen during the conversion to the new s/w. The posters who are currently showing up as no location do have a location, so it will return soon.

Vaillant no. VCW-GB-242-EH

Ok, I have constant water pressure! a valve was leaking on the outlet- its now reading 2 bar- still no central heating tho

wondering if a valve is closed or something-previous owners say it was working ok

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back