Just scratched my new Amtico flooring!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had some Amtico flooring fitted weekend before last. Whilst trying to put up some furniture, I have somehow managed to scratch the floor. Not a huge scratch but definitely noticeable, "L" shaped approx 2" each side.

Does anyone know any tricks disguise this?

TIA

Sponsored Links
First thing...Amtico (all vinyl tiles?) scratches easily and should not be laid on floors which come into contact with direct sunlight unless you don't mind seeing scratches.

If you want to get rid of scratched tiles, they can be replaced individually by heating up the adhesive with an iron through a teatowel to soften the adhesive.

First thing...Amtico (all vinyl tiles?) scratches easily and should not be laid on floors which come into contact with direct sunlight unless you don't mind seeing scratches.

Are you sure about that? I always belived that amtico was one of the hardest to scratch vinly products on the market.

Also if the scratch it light surface , you can seal the floor to hide most scratches and to help protect in the future.

If you want to get rid of scratched tiles, they can be replaced individually by heating up the adhesive with an iron through a teatowel to soften the adhesive.

Leave it to a pro ,You could end up doing more damage trying to heat up glue when you dont know which one has been used!

Sponsored Links
That's a worry ..... I've a crew coming in to fit 50 m2 of Karndean tomorrow.... sold to us on the basis that it (and all) vinyl floors were harder wearing / less susceptible to scratching than wood!

That's a worry ..... I've a crew coming in to fit 50 m2 of Karndean tomorrow.... sold to us on the basis that it (and all) vinyl floors were harder wearing / less susceptible to scratching than wood!

Correct, amtico, karndean etc is a lot more durable than real wood flooring.

Thanks Matty.... so is Amtico's opening post that it "scratches easily" just BS then?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back