Brilliant Idea Needed! (with Pics)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I need a built in storage device for this alcove I have in my living/dining room.

PIC_0012.jpg

the width is 77cm and depth is 33cm, I'm ideally looking at having a lower cabinet with doors for general storage (junk cupboard basically) with shelves above to store books, dvds, cd's etc

I was wondering if anyone has any great ideas of what to put in there?

Thanks to anyone who replies

Sponsored Links
why not make the lower half into a wine rack and the upper with glass
shelves for wine & liquior glasses.

Sponsored Links
Depending on your carpentry skills you could either make a cabinet or buy one slightly bigger and cut it down.

If you want a fitted cabinet then there would be no need to keep the skirting boards inside the alcove.

i think i might go down that route, seen some floating shelves that a memeber done in an alcove and like them very much, will post some pics when i'm done

i'll also be posting some pics of my kitchen, when i moved in it was in a right state, and with a very tight cash flow at the moment, i wanted it done on the cheap, so far have spent £50 ish and it's almlost done and looking pretty good, it's amazing what you can beg borrow and steal and still have a good finish

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back