water hammer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, A freind of mine has a bad problem of noisy pipes pipes when the cistern is flushed on the wc, i know you can fit a quiet eq valve but does anyone know if using a pressure reducing valve can help? If so where can i get one? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Pressure reducing valve shop maybe !, maybe tesco's sell em or try the local Kentucky fried chicken outlet.

Re-newing the existing valve or even just the washer should cure it. If it's tank fed it could be the ball valve in the loft that needs attention.

It's better to have noisey pipes as it's easier to explain the unfortunatate noises from behind the door. How will you explain when the pipes are silent?

Sponsored Links
Are there any experiened plumbers out there that can give me quality advise?

if it carries on turn the hammer on the pipe,sure as eggs are eggs,that'll cure it.or buy some ear defenders(airport styli).

I would change the float valve for a Torbeck one if you still have the problem after changing its washer.
Cheaper than a pressure reducer. :)
Incidentally has this problem only recently occurred after changing toilet suite :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back