Draughty New Windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had new Bay windows installed with Swish profiles and 28mm glazed units. I seem to be getting a cold breeze coming in when is sit about two feet away but have checked for draughts close up against the windows and connot find anything.
The glazed units are internally beaded but there is a slight gap where the beading meets the frame. I have checked this and there does not seem to be any sign of a draught. Could the UPVC profiles be conducting the cold?

Any help please.

Sponsored Links
I'm no expert on windows but there should be no gap between the beads and the frame, if there is then the beads are not done right, theres one way to check, flick the rubber seal with your finger nail if its easy to lift then its not done right, but if its hard to flick then its ok,

Convection. The warm air in the room being drawn to to colder surface of the window is giving the impression of a draught. It's how wind works.

I notice it when putting my hand next to a DG window on a cold day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back