A New radiator in the conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help in advising what size rad i need in my new conservatory dims about 5 metres by 3 metres i want to add one to my existing central heating system?

Sponsored Links
Most of the heat will come straight off the radiator up through the room and start heating the air outside.

Radiators are not really the best option for a conservatory but if you really want to put one in as part of the main central heating system, remember you need to be able to isolate it from the rest of the system, i.e. put isolation valves on the pipework before it goes into the conservatory.

1200 x 600 double in my 6 x 3 conservatory.

Just about heats it but as above:

Most of the heat will come straight off the radiator up through the room and start heating the air outside.

Under the Building Regulations 1991 (as amended) for a conservatory to be classified as exempt one of the conditions it must meet is that it is not permanently heated.

i.e it should really only be fitted with electric heaters that you switch on as you need, rather than a wet rad that could always be on and wasting heat weather you are in the conservatory or not.

Question is do you care what you 'should' do?

Sponsored Links
What about fitting a gas wall heater like a Baxi Brazilia? Obviously you'll need to have a gas supply nearby, a brick outside wall and take into account the flue position but I think it's a decent alternative in the right circumstances.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back