Central heating pump speed knob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Circulating Pump (model CP 53) The pump itself is fine but the speed control knob has broken. I took the cover off to have a look and
noticed that the plastic stem of the switch (which holds the metal contact
pin) has broken off. I've managed to temporarily replace it so that the
metal contact is working on number 2 speed. I was wondering if it's
possible to obtain just the speed switching knob or do they only sell a
complete assembly?

Sponsored Links
Yeah, just got an email back saying
"Unfortunately there are no spares available for this pump. So we are
unable to help you in your request for parts"

Yeah, just got an email back saying
"Unfortunately there are no spares available for this pump. So we are
unable to help you in your request for parts"

Oh well, that's typical :(

Provided you can set the pump to the correct speed, by one means or another, does it matter if the control knob is broken? You shouldn't have to keep adjusting the speed once it has been set.

Sponsored Links
Looks like it's been arcing for a while as the tip of one end of the metal contact strip was black. I'll have a rummage through my bits & bobs box to see if I can make something to securely hold the contact strip in place permanently. Then if we need to change speed just pull the knob completely out and rotate to the desired setting. Usually only needs moving about twice a year in summer & winter.

I've only ever changed the speed during balancing the system. Once it's set right, it stays that way for good. I've never had to change it at different times of year..? :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back