toilet syphon- which one??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.

Small toilet in our downstairs loo was not flushing properly so i decided to change the syphon.

Isolated it and took it apart, its a close coupled unit. However, the replacement syphon , which is the standard 9" size, does not fit.

The one that i removed with a torn diaphragm is slightly smaller widthways. Has what i can only describe as an oval diaphragm.

Any one know where i can get one of these type.

Gaz

Sponsored Links
Screwfix part no's. 71497 or 44047 might help? Alternatively, cut a new washer for existing syphon from a suitable piece of plastic. Wrapping that shirts come in served this purpose in the past if my memory serves me correctly.

Can you trim the diaphragm from the new syphon to fit the old syphon?

If push comes to shove, you could cut a new diaphragm for the old syphon from a heavy gauge plastic bag, rubble sack or similar.

http://www.lunns.net/
About half way down the cistern spares page.

the diaphragm from the new standard syphon is just too small.

Its ok on the length but needs slightly more width.

The toilet is in our cloakroom so the cistern is a small one. Just need a slightly smaller syphon than the standard one.

Sponsored Links
Screwfix part no's. 71497 or 44047 might help? Alternatively, cut a new washer for existing syphon from a suitable piece of plastic. Wrapping that shirts come in served this purpose in the past if my memory serves me correctly.

Neither of those 2 look suitable. Its the width thats the problem.

Or the Pottery i.e. cistern manufacturer? Most have date of manufacture stamped in before firing. Underside of cistern lid?

Maybe worth getting in touch with Ideal and asking if they can point you in direction of what you need. Alternatively, as said, make a new washer from scrap plastic or take whole syphon to a merchants and see if they can match you either a washer or complete unit.

probably done now was over a yr ago
asleep-045.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back